I’m not quite ready to throw the switch and start blogging here, but I have a theme, background and header images, and archives imported. I chose this theme because it has several features I like that the theme at my old blog didn’t have. Here’s a brief list of them.
- Page menus at the top of the front page. This is the most important thing, because the pages were cluttering my sidebar at the old site and making navigation more difficult than it had to be.
- Three footer areas. This is great, because it allows me to make the sidebar menu even cleaner by moving some of my widgets to the bottom of the page.
- The ability to have more than one header image and randomize them.
The background and header images are my own photos, and that makes me very happy. I still have to put in the widgets, change a lot of links on my social media, and figure out how to set up the publicize settings before I’m ready to start here, but I’d love to know what you think about the basic design. Is it more clean and friendly?
I’ll keep chipping away at it, and it will be done before we know it, but this is all I have time for today because I have something else to do right now. I’m going to take a look at the final results of Suzie81’s linkup/blog experiment. I’m planning to go through the thread, visit every blogger who answered her questions in a post of her own, and do some combination of the following things for them:
- Tweet links to their posts from the browser.
- Add the posts that include images to a Pinterest board I built just for this linkup.
- Share their links on StumbleUpon.
I’m doing this today because Saturday afternoon is prime time for both Twitter and Pinterest. I’m interested to see what effect, if any, it has, and I’m in the mood to read and share some blogs.